Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 February 2015

Wearing Your Heart On a Sleeve



Dear You

I was told i was born with TTN (Transient Tachypnea of the New Born). I was born holding my heart in my very own hands and I was at risk of squeezing my self to death. I was told it was painful to look at me. I was tiny and vulnerable and helpless. I was a threat to my own life. My elders saved me, they skinned my heart out of my hands and put it where it was safe. These stories fascinated me while I grew up. I was intrigued as to how can one be a danger to their own life. I grew up as a strong person, helping others and my self through hard times.
Then I met you, I was strong determined and focused. I once again held my heart in my hands for you to see, appreciate, love. You disregarded it as respectfully as you could. So I calmed down. Let it be however , I did not now how to put my heart back where it was safe. It was out in the open, at risk, endangered, tiny, helpless and vulnerable. Now I could understand how one can be a danger to themselves how painful it might have been when I was born. Unlike infancy no one around me bothered to help. So I did what I was born to do. I strangled my heart to death.

Love Me
10.02.15

No comments:

Post a Comment